Tuesday, August 2, 2011

White Trash Q&A

Q: What is the most white trash kind of bed?

A: Daybed


This is the kind of bed I had until literally last year when it dawned on me that I was an adult and could just buy whatever the frak I wanted. Daybeds offer the same versatility of a futon or sofa bed but unlike the two of them, you really cant get away with putting a daybed in your living room. I mean, unless you're white trash.

There were a few months when my family lived in a one-bedroom apartment, and my mother chose to take the bedroom for herself while my sister and I slept in the living room. I guess the logic behind it was that, unlike her normal-not-day bed, my bed could double as the family's couch (since obviously we didn't have one of those either). 

People would spend all their time on my bed, eating snacks and watching TV. When someone would stay over late, I couldn't go to sleep because they were sitting my bed. I often woke up covered in melted m&m's.

Don't do this to your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment