Friday, July 15, 2011

No Rules: My Philosophy on Blogging plus Unsolicited and Unqualified Parenting Advice

In preparation for this endeavor, I have been obsessively reading every blog ever created. No judgements, but why do you all feel the need to confine yourselves and your blogs to such arbitrary rules?

Dramatic interpretation of every other blog on Earth:



I'm not about rules. I'm going to write whatever I want, whenever I feel like it. I will explore the past, the present, and the future. I will write about things I have no business writing about. I'm going to write about setting traps for fruit flies and watching the same episode of Jersey Shore 5 or 6 times. I'll talk about how I measure everything in Barbies and maybe post my doodlings of Mars colony infrastructure. No I won't, that sounds embarrassing. I can write about this lady I knew with sideways feet though. Actually, all of those things sound boring. I probably wont write about any of them, but I could if I wanted to.

On a related note, I don't think children should have rules. Literally zero parents agree with me on this one, but I didn't have rules as a child so I had no reason to rebel. I turned out great! We have laws that keep kids from stealing cars, and we have religion/personal morality/the golden rule to keep them from saying mean things. As an adult, I don't have rules. I can go to bed whenever I want, and I can eat ice cream for breakfast. It's awesome. Did you see how messy my apartment was in that video? Kids should have that same freedom. Rules make you miss out on having a magical childhood. Children should be able to build tree houses and catch fireflies and knock on the door of the scary haunted house only to find that the creepy old woman who lives there isn't really so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment